I cant remember how I found this exciting photography site of Mr Toledano, but I am glad I did.
This image relates strongly to myth and I love the fact that he says on his site that: “all the costumes are real”. If we were to celebrate Halloween – I would love to get my hands on some of these costumes!
- “The dominated feeling a myth conveys is: this is absolutely unique, it could not have happened to any other person.
- The ending: in myths is nearly always tragic
- The myth is pessimistic
- Every myth is a story of a particular hero
- The most remarkable encounters are related in casual, everyday ways in fairy-tales.
- The ending are always happy
- Fairy-tales are optimistic
- Fairy-tales are about everyman, people very much like us
Check out more of his photography here
I also cannot help to listen to Tori Amos – A sorta fairytale. This video found on youtube relates very strongly with the some of Mr Toledano’s photography- don’t you think?