Le Clown is quite a keen observer, and he noticed in ‘the about me’ section that I mentioned I am an amateur origamist.
I’m afraid I have to confess that I have to re-introduce myself since I USED to be an amateur origamist until I fell in love with stitch-craft.
Here are some more confessions:
*I used to love folding paper, but these days I prefer stitching rubber.
* The closest I’ll get to origami a clown is to valley-fold the fool of a tarot deck.
* I secretly prefer freaks to clowns
* My favourite South African movie: Paljas features a clown
* My favourite animated movie doesn’t contain a clown but a clown-fish (finding Nemo)
* My favourite image of a clown is this one:
Done by South African artist and printmaker Chris Diedericks
*I don’t eat McDonald’s, but I know who Ronald McDonald is. (Once we walked in the Botanical Gardens with the kids and my son saw this in a bin):
He wanted to know why someone would throw this picture away.
Why is there a man looking like this on the paper?
Why is the man looking so happy?
I had a hard time explaining the concept of a clown to a four year old, and I think that McDonalds were very successful in using a clown for their brand.
Anyway so this is as much as I will confess for now.
After all that, I am still wondering how does one cure coulrophobia?