Pink Freud 1 – 3
- Pink Freud III – a commission completed this month.
After Pink Freud II I thought there would be no more, but since it was commissioned by someone in that trade, I thought, hell why not. He would be loved.
“Love and work… work and love, that’s all there is” Sigmund Freud
2. August was though health wise for lots of friends and family. In a way this was inspirational. I started to do research on folk medicine (boererate). This is a piece inspired by one of the recipes I found in a book called “Oupa en Ouma se boererate”. It’s for an upcoming group exhibition in November, but more on that later.
sneak peek: Boereraat (Dronkenskap)
I love working in this format later. Excited by the possibilities.
“Flowers are very restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts.” Sigmund Freud
3. Reminder: The group exhibition ‘Black Humour opens on the 30th of August at Fried Contemporary gallery in Pretoria
Under cover Cotton thread, batting and rubber 2017 (photo of my owerk taken by Kleinjan Groenewald)
“Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.” – Sigmund Freud
4. August= also admin month. I am currently putting together a catalogue of work that will be shown at this year’s BaardskeerdersBos Art Route during the weekend of 21 September. I’ve been invited by Artist Liz v.d Berg to show my work alongside hers at their farm Tierfontein. If you would like to receive a copy of this catalogue, please send me a message with your email address. Looking forward.
Honeysuckle the killer bee (Foam, fabric, found objects, cotton thread and rubber)
5. August was emotional and also a very anti-social month for me. But at the same time friends came to visit. In the end I had a wonderful time and some great memories were made.
“Friendship is an art of keeping distance….” –Sigmund Freud
6. Last but not least…doing some finishing touches form my upcoming solo which will open on the 3rd of October at 99 Loop gallery in Cape Town. Hope to see you there. Invite to follow at a later stage.
Who needs courage 80 x 119 cm cotton thread, wool, oil paint and rubber (reworked) 2018
“The madman is a dreamer awake” Sigmund Freud