It’s been a while, but I thought today will be a good day to share what is happening in the studio because – 21 June usually marks the summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere and the winter solstice in the Southern Hemisphere, which is the day of the year with the fewest hours of daylight in the Southern Hemisphere….(I hope to get some extra sleep 🙂
2. “Atlas” (and friends) is heading to Johannesburg for the annual Turbine Art Fair (14-16 July 2017) via Lizamore & Associates gallery. He hopes to see you there.
3. In August, my work will be included in a group exhibition: Comfortably numb, coming soon…. I will keep you posted
Do I bite of more than I can chew? ..Possibly, but I do like a challenge, and have to remind myself that anything is possible…just DO!
4. I recently had a fun photo shoot with photographer Val Wessels.
Standing with all my children, which are destined for a small solo at the Artbank later this year….more about this a bit later – as soon as the opening date has been announced.
4. Preparations underway for a solo exhibition at Lizamore & Associates gallery in Johannesburg…coming soon: 5 October 2017!
5. And last but not least… preparations for a small solo at MContemporary – Australia in November 2017…more details to follow in the spring newsletter
3 solo’s again this year….exciting times…and grateful for these opportunities.
Note to self:
“You are not to lose your nerve! go on through with it and play your own game all the way!” page 125 from the book : Myths to live by” – Joseph Campbell…
and with that …wishing you a wonderful Winter Solstice- keep warm xxx