1. She opened up a florist when I was in primary school. Don’t know how long it lasted. She had photos of her ‘flower arrangements’ I never paid attention. I wish I did. I don’t know what happened to the photos.
2. She could start a conversation with anybody. Even when we stood in line at the grocer. It used to irritate me.
3. She once made a rug with wool. I remember it to be red, brown and beige ( I didn’t like the colours). I think she made it while pregnant with my brother.
4. She dislike spending time in the kitchen, but her seafood and pea pasta was my favourite.
5. She took us to a glass factory once. I wish I paid more attention.
6. She loved to read, (especially this Afrikaans love story type books for example like those written by Ena Murray).
7. She enjoyed the music of BZN and Carike Keuzenkamp.
8. She had two porcelain front teeth.
9. She loved animals.
1. What made her fall in love with my dad?
2. They married when they were very youngh. In retrospect how would she feel about it?
3. How did she experience motherhood?
4. What would she be like as a grandmother to my children?
5. If she was happily married before the knowledge of ……
6. How would she and my mother in law get along?
7. What would she think about my art?
8. Would I be the same person if she died later and under other circumstances?
9. She believed in setting goals. I wonder if she would have felt that she reached her ‘goal’ before she died.