Studio news update:
Atoms Family 520 x 320 mm Vintage photograph, cotton thread and rubber 2019
The “Atom’s Family” and “Little ogres” will be hanging out at the 3rd Karen Zoid “Art in the time of Corona” art auction now running on her Facebook page, until 7pm tonight.
Little Ogres 2019
Here is a link for those of you that want to check it out:
Keep well and stay safe.
I love fairy tales and fables. I am inspired by them. I once read somewhere that fairy tales and horror prepares one to deal with potential death.
I guess working with fairy tale themes and subverting it makes me able to cope with reality. It was very heartbreaking when Greta Thunburg said in one of her speeches that ” This is not the time for fairy tales.”
I also stitch a lot of hybrid figures.
In the book: “The uses of enchantment” Bruno Bettleheim stated that in fairy tales and dreams any physical malformation often stand for psychological misdevelopment. It is said that in these tales when the upper part of the body is animal and the lower part human, this indicates symbolically that things are wrong in the head/mind.
Which indicates something monstrous. I am fascinated by monsters!
What is your favorite fairy-tale?
I’ve had a couple of inquiries about available work, thank you for the interest and continuous support.
See below a list of work and selected galleries where some works are still available….
- Everard Read gallery Franschoek (Phone: 021 876 2446 –https://www.everard-read-franschhoek.co.za/
“In warm water” 2017 Cotton thread, doillies, and rubber 63 x 128 cm
(k)not of snakes 215 x 108 cm cotton thread and rubber 2018
“Catch of the day” 2017 Cotton thread and rubber 112 x 76 cm
2. Gallery at Grande Provence, Franschoek https://www.grandeprovence.co.za
Meisie met varkore aka Self-portrait as a garden gnome
3. Deepest Darkest Art Gallery, Cape Town Phone: 079 138 4203 https://www.deepestdarkestart.com/hannalie-taute
Little Ogres 2019
4. 99 Loop gallery, Cape town https://www.artsy.net/show/99-loop-gallery-hannalie-taute-familie-kielie
a selection of mixed media work
Meisie met die los tong 2019
Family Motto 2019
5. MContemporary Australia https://mcontemp.com/
“Right of admission reserved” Cotton thread and rubber
6. Millennium gallery, Pretoria https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Art-Gallery/Millennium-Gallery-269876733489843/
Installation view of my work in the group exhibition at Millennium gallery
Please contact the above galleries directly for more information about selected works.
I am happy to say that new work will be included in two group exhibitions at the end of this month…stay tuned for more information about that.
Until then, I hope you have a fabulous week. xxx